Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chick Flick: Bring It On & The Prince and Me

Saturdays are usually the most tiring days of the week especially since I love going out and watching a movie or two. But my beau is out of town and I'm left alone without anything to do other than enjoy facing my computer all day. Instead of doing the usual, I watched two movies which I know he wouldn't mind missing out on.

Bring It On: All or Nothing

Ever since I've watched Heroes, saving the cheerleader saves me from boredom. I've found Hayden Panettiere appealing to the eye. Although I haven't seen "I Love You, Beth Cooper" yet, I don't think I'd be so giddy to watch it.



The third Bring It On film is as always about a cheerleader. You'd think they'd do something new this time but it's still about teenage girls having teenage problems. I'm not against watching it, but I think becoming like most movie critics... bitter. One things for sure, Bring It On takes it a point to make the movie racially diverse as possible. And I do like how they always make the Latinas sassy in their roles.


One of the best krumping I've seen in Youtube. Just check on the first couple of minutes with the guy in white performing.

It's always the white pretty obnoxious girls who lose the competition. Why am I not surprised? At leas,t I learned a new term. It's about the overly snappy and insanely energetic dance style called krumping.

The Prince and Me

I though I hadn't seen this yet, so I viewed it again- recalling the ending when the movie was halfway done. It's a typical Cinderella story with a not so typical happy ending. I'm agreeing with the online critics on this. It doesn't bring much on the table other than a movie to kill time and a prince's accent that had been captivating.



I used to idolize Julia Stiles, but she's not as charming as Heigl. It made me recall how awful she felt when one of the MTV announcers declared the name Julia as the winner but later added Roberts as the last name.

Starring as the rebellious Prince Edvard in The Prince and Me, Luke Mably is also the vampire Dylan Radcliffe in The Gates and Doctor Simon Hill in Combat Hospital.

I did, however, like her in Save the Last Dance, because the girl had talent (but don't they all do?) and it was about an interracial romance. I also remember watching her in "10 Things I Hate About You", it was the first time I saw how charismatic Heath Ledger could be (RIP).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.